Â Stoke have taken Danish goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen on trial following his release from Aston Villa and are to offer him a contract according to some reports. The 6 foot five inch Dane has made over 300 appearances in English football since 1998 for Sunderland and Villa, the majority coming in the Premier League. The 32 year old has also been capped 72 times by his country.
Â This news comes as a surprise to me and many stoke fans who expected the goalkeeping situation at Stoke to be sorted out with the signing of Marton Fulop from Sunderland seeming a mere formality after a second bid was accepted. This news, however, may signal a hitch in the Fulop deal, or simply that Pulis is looking to have several quality goalkeepers in his squad. If the latter is true, the future of Steve Simonsen is put in doubt, as the potential signings of Fulop and Sorensen would put him third on the pecking order and unlikely to get any football.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4