Michal Listkiewicz the boss of the Polish Football Association (PZPN) has told reporters that the 23 man squad will share a jackpot of 3 million Euros if win the European Championships this summer. A huge amount seeing as the average monthly salary in Poland is just 700 euros. Poland are drawn in Group B of the tournament and face Germany in their opening game, then Austria and Croatia in the other group matches.
The final in on June 29th in Vienna, if they get far but lose, they will splitÂ 1.8 million euros, they will make money throughout the tournament based on performances with 400,000 euros for each group stage win and 200,000 euros per draw. Then a further 800,000 euros for a quarter-finals slot and 1.2 million euros for making it to the semifinals.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview