Luca Toni has signalled has ambitions and added to Chiellini’s talks about lifting the European Trophy. Toni said that after lifting the World Cup two years ago now it is the best possible moment to go one step further and win the Euro 2008. Toni celebrates his 31st birthday today and at such age, he is really looking forward to gain success at this year’s edition of the Euro as in four year’s time he would have some fierce competition to battle for a place in the Italy squad.
“I want to win the Euros, it would be the perfect present,” said Toni.
“If people told me five years ago that I would have celebrated my 31st birthday as a World Cup winner and with the Azzurri heading for Euro 2008, I would have told them they were crazy.
“Now we have the chance to make history and it would be a dream to win the Euro 2008 after having won the World Cup two years ago.
“It would be amazing if we can enter the history books.”
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco