1) Ashley Young Aston Villa to Manchester United (£16 million)
Based on his first few performances he fits right into the Manchester united team and he can play in the striking role just behind the main striker or on the right wing, also Young still has the potential to develop.
2) Brian Lowe Bury to Sheffield Wednesday undisclosed fee (rumoured to be £300,000)
He may not be a big name but Lowe is at a league one or two level a proven goal scorer and for only £300,000 Gary Megson gets a striker who will not fail, he is someone who not only has unbelievable work ethic but he is a proven striker.
3) Stewart Downing Aston Villa to Liverpool (£15 million)
Downing delivers great crosses (for Carroll) has great pace and will score the odd goal or two a good signing by Dalglish, another ex-Villa player who is showing their true potential at a bigger club.
4) Falcao Porto to Athletico Madrid (£40 million)
This was the signing to appease the fans, a big name signing who both Chelsea and Real Madrid wanted, technically a very good player who has the strength and pace needed in La Liga.
5) Roger Johnson Birmingham city to Wolves (£7 million) The bargain of the summer, Johnson is strong and helps strengthen a weak defence significantly Johnson could very well be a reason as to why Wolves will not struggle as much this season (no relegation).
6) Martin Steklenburg Ajax to Roma (£7 million) An experienced goalkeeper at a good price who should really be playing in the Premier League, smart business by Roma.
1) Connor Wickham Ipswich to Sunderland (£8.3 million)
Wickham would have been a good signing if Steve Bruce played him as his main striker but instead of giving Wickham game time he is stuck on the bench and his confidence seems to be dwindling.
2) Robbie Keane Tottenham to LA Galaxy (£3 million)
Robbie Keane is not at a stage of his career where the MLS should be his destination, Blackburn wanted him, but instead Keane will now rot in the MLS and become a forgotten player who loses his Republic of Ireland place.
3) Joey Barton Newcastle to QPR (Free transfer)
Joey Barton on a free transfer would be a good deal if only Barton did not have the baggage he has, Warnock will help Barton but Barton needs to keep his cool while on the pitch and after watching the Arsenal Gervinho incident, I’m pretty sure that will not happen.
4) Kevin Nolan Newcastle to West Ham (£4 million)
For West Ham this was a great deal, for Kevin Nolan I understand why he went (long-term contract), but this deal was awful for Newcastle Nolan has not been replaced and unfortunately Newcastle have not reinvested as much as they should have during the transfer window.
1) Michael Neuer Schalke to Bayern Munich (£20 million)
His mistake against Mochenglabach did not help the Bayern Munich fans who booed him before the game, Neuer will have to work really hard to gain the fans approval remember he mocked Bayern Munich legend Oliver Khan.
2) Emmanuel Adebayor Manchester City to Tottenham (season-long loan)
I will not remember the racist chants by a certain section of the Tottenham fans against Adebayor, and he has seemingly agreed to go to get some game time, but I’m afraid Adebayor the former Arsenal striker may never gain the full support of the Tottenham fans.
3) Leon Clarke QPR to Swindon Town (Free transfer)
This seemed like a real coup for Di Canio, then Swindon Town fc faced Brentford and after the brawl between these two, I’m not so sure.
4) Owen Hargreaves Manchester United to Manchester City (Free Transfer)
Hargreaves could have gone to Aston Villa, West Brom, but he instead chose City, any sympathy Manchester United fans had for Hargreaves has disappeared and I do not see Hargreaves actually getting a game for Manchester City.
The transfers that should have happened
1) Moutinho Porto to Chelsea (£30 million)
An attacking midfielder with a buyout clause and with a club in Porto who had already replaced him in Steven Defour, yet Chelsea only enquired about him and instead went for Modric.
2) Wesley Sneijder Inter Milan to Manchester United (£32.5 million)
Manchester United lack a real superstar midfielder Sneijder wanted to go, Manchester United wanted him, Inter Milan were willing to sell, but then Tom Cleverly came in and Sir Alex changed his mind (and in my opinion it was the correct decision).
3) Giuseppe Rossi Villarreal to Barcelona (£30 million)
Barcelona looked odds on to get Rossi, but Barcelona focused on Sanchez instead time will tell but Rossi would have been a great signing for an already great team.
4) Falcao Porto to Real Madrid (£40 million) Real Madrid really needed a striker and Falcao said he wanted to go yet the deal never really got going and now Real Madrid have missed out, as Falcao is now at Real Madrid rival Athletico.
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…