Edinson Cavani, the Uruguayan forward helped his Italian side Napoli to an impressive second place in Serie A which gained them an automatic Champions League spot and he has been linked for a big money move to the likes of Spain’s Real Madrid and England’s Chelsea and Manchester Cuty. Whether the Serie A superstar stays at Napoli or moves abroad he will definitely be playing Champions League football next season.
It has been reported that Cavani favours a move to Real Madrid rather than Chelsea and the English club’s only hope of signing the player is if they meet the steep £54million asking price. Cavani’s father said “The intention of Edinson is to play for a team like Real Madrid. That is desire and his preference.” New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has stamp[ed his preference in signing a big name forward and he may pay more that the asking price for Cavani.
Real Madrid have been linked with several big names including Liverpool’s Luis Suarez who mentioned earlier in the month that he wanted to leave The Reds for Champions League football and if Cavani signs for Chelsea that would pave the way for Suarez to leave. Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandoswki has also been linked to the Spanish giants in which he scored four goals against the club in last seasons Champion League semi-final.
Edinson Cavani is a player with eccentric stamina and fight, a true centre forward. In the past three seasons at Napoli he has netted over 100 goals in just over 135 matches. The Uruguayan was the key player along with Marek Hamsik in this seasons impressive Serie A campaign and a decision to stay at the club may also enhance his career where the The Blues are improving from season to season.
Cavani being Spanish speaking would suit a club like Real Madrid where most of the players at the club are Spanish and Chelsea too as new manager Jose Mourinho could bond well with the forward. So their is still speculation for Cavani’s future at the time being but I would prefer to see him light up the Premier League at either Chelsea and Manchester City.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4