The Red Devils have completed their first signing of the season; Wigan’s Antonio Valencia. The Ecuadorian made 83 appearances for the Latics finding the back of the net seven times. Heavily lauded for his control of the ball on the pitch Valencia has had the eye of Sir Alex Fergusen for the two years he has been in the premiership. Antonio Valencia says; “Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started.” Its refreshing to see someone that considers playing for Manchester United a privilege.
The rumor mill is now swirling with the giddy anticipation of a school girl as it spouts out names like Karim Benzema (likely) and Luis Fabiano (not so likely). Another name that is being mentioned in the press is Real Madrid keeper Iker Casillas. One name that no longer seems to be linked with a move to the Red Devils is Bayern Munich’s Frank Ribery.
The question is how many more? Are Ronaldo and Tevez the only departures that we will see from Old Trafford? Whom is on Sir Alex Fergusen’s wish list. It will be interesting to see the starting squad on August 15 against Burnley. What impact will the absence of Tevez and Ronaldo bring? Probably not much of an impact looking at the talent that Fergie brings out year after year.
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary