Under fire West Ham boss Avram Grant is set to be preparing a shock six month loan deal for Liverpool winger Joe Cole, who Grant believes won’t fit into new Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish’s plans for the rest of the season.
Cole, 29, scored ten in goals in 126 appearances for West Ham, his first club, between 1998 and 2003. Cole then moved to Chelsea where in the 2007-08 season, current Hammers boss Grant was manager. When Grant was sacked after less than a season at the Chelsea helm, Cole sent him a “very touching message about how much he had enjoyed his time” under the Israeli.
Liverpool would be happy to see off Cole for the remainder of the season, making the move beneficial for all parties involved. The struggling England winger signed for Liverpool on a free in the summer when Roy Hodgson was in charge. Cole has failed to spark life into Liverpool though, scoring once in 11 appearances all season.
Meanwhile, Former Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill has said he won’t be replacing Grant, apparently appalled at the West Ham board’s treatment of their current man at the top.
Sam Allardyce, formerly of Blackburn is now the main target for the Hammers, although ex–Newcastle gaffer Chris Houghton is also set to be contacted.
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach
- Atalanta 2-3 AC Milan: La Dea’s comeback attempt is too late as the Rossoneri impress in Bergamo
- Lille continue resurgence with victory over Marseille
- Morning Mix: United need Conte’s tactical nous, Chilwell gives Chelsea boss a headache
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 7: Preview & Predictions
- Galatasaray hold Marseille to 0-0 draw interrupted by fan clashes