Milan have the possibility of creating havoc for Claudio Ranieri if they beat them in next Saturday’s match at the Olimpico, Turin. Juventus have had a massive season after getting back from a season of hell and torture in Italy’s second division. Now Juventus come into this match from a somewhat unfortunate defeat to Palermo. The Sicilians were very lucky to get away with three points although merit to all of their goals. The Bianconeri were more dominant and a Del Piero free-kick needed the help of the post for Palermo keeper Fontana.
Turning to next Saturday’s match, Juventus do not have any players suspended while Milan’s Nesta and Kaladze are suspended. With Pavel Nedved given only another day’s rest after succumbing to a head injury in last Sunday’s match and given Sissoko’s excellent form, Juventus can get what they want from this match. Yet Milan’s somewhat disastrous season has desperately obliged them to win nearly all matches if they want a place in Europe’s most elite competition next season. Therefore next Saturday’s match is not to be missed.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview