New Hearts boss Laszlo Csaba has said in an interview on the official Hearts website that he would like to keep players such as club captain Christophe Berra and winger Andy Driver, who have both been subject to bids from English Championship sides.
“It is most important to keep players like Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver,” said Laszlo. “They have quality. But there is time to develop them and I can give them the right direction. It can be easy for a lot of players to smile at money and go to a new club but they shouldn’t believe life is so easy.
“The players can develop here, play good games and gain confidence and grow more.
“After some years maybe they can then choose bigger clubs. But my intention is to keep these players.”
Berra has been on Wolves’ radar while Driver has caught the eye of Burnley boss Owen Coyle. Although Laszlo would like to keep his best players at Tynecastle, every player at the club has their price and if Romanov’s valuation is met then I feel there will be little that Laszlo can do.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona