The reserve team and academy team’s play tonight so there will be a full report on all 7 of our hot prospects next week. However this week proved a big week for 2 of our ‘7 young Spurs to follow’…
Tomas Pekhart joined Championship side Southampton on loan to January. The move came as a bit of a surprise as Spurs are desperately lacking in firepower at the moment and Pekhart was expected to partner Bent if Ramos played a 4-4-2, with Berbatov left out of the squad.
Nevertheless it seems Ramos wants Pekhart to get some first team experience with the Saints, something Saints manager Jan Poortvliet is delighted about. “He’s a great finisher.
“He’s played for the Czech under-21s and in the last game he was watched and they tell us he had a great game.
“At Tottenham he had 19 goals in 20 games last year. He’s a big boy, a finisher and a quick boy.”
“We shall see but we are looking forward to seeing him. It’s what we need to go forward to make our team stronger.”
Pekhart will be battling for a place upfront with Stern John and David McGoldrick. Let’s just hope Pekhart gets some experience and returns a better player and doesn’t just leave to join another Championship club, like Lee Barnard, who showed much promise during his early Tottenham days.
The other hot young prospect in action was Giovani Dos Santos, who played for 59 minutes in our 1-1 draw with Chelsea. He looked lively in midfield and set up Darren Bent early on, who narrowley fired wide. Intrestingly, Giovani played against former Barca team-mate Deco, who also left Barcelona in the summer. Gio was eventually replaced by Aaron Lennon. However Dos Santos should be very happy with his performance, as Spurs bagged their first point of the season.
More ‘7 Young Spurs to Follow news next week’.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4