Portsmouth have confirmed the loan signing of striker Quincy Owusu-Abeyie.
Abeyie, a forward at Spartak Moscow, signed a six-month loan deal with the South Coast side yesterday. However, Pompey have stated that the deal is not yet concluded.
The 23-year-old Dutchman is well known in England for his youth days at Premier League side Arsenal. Since signing for Spartak in 2006, Abeyie has enjoyed loan spells at Celta Vigo, Birmingham and Cardiff.
However, if manager Avram Grant is hoping for Abeyie to fire Portsmouth to safety, he may have to look elsewhere.
Statistics suggest he has scored less than 10 goals in more than 70 career appearances.
Abeyie becomes Grant’s first signing since taking over as manager.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4