AC Milan are reportedly set to sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea.
The Italian giants have told the Blues they will be activating the £25 million release clause to sign the 23-year-old permanently.
The talented defender joined the Serie A club on loan in January and impressed them with his performances.
He clocked up 17 league appearances for Milan last season, helping the club to finish second in the table and secure Champions League football.
According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Stefano Pioli’s side have activated the clause to secure a permanent deal for the centre-back. They are expected to complete the paperwork next week.
Tomori is an academy graduate of Chelsea who rose through its ranks to earn his senior debut against Leicester City in May 2016.
Since then, he has mostly been loan with several clubs, including Brighton & Hove Albion, Hull City and Derby County.
He has made 27 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions, bagging two goals and an assist (stats from Transfermarkt).
He made only one Premier League appearance for the Blues this season before joining Milan on loan.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide