AC Milan are reportedly set to sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea.
The Italian giants have told the Blues they will be activating the £25 million release clause to sign the 23-year-old permanently.
The talented defender joined the Serie A club on loan in January and impressed them with his performances.
He clocked up 17 league appearances for Milan last season, helping the club to finish second in the table and secure Champions League football.
According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Stefano Pioli’s side have activated the clause to secure a permanent deal for the centre-back. They are expected to complete the paperwork next week.
Tomori is an academy graduate of Chelsea who rose through its ranks to earn his senior debut against Leicester City in May 2016.
Since then, he has mostly been loan with several clubs, including Brighton & Hove Albion, Hull City and Derby County.
He has made 27 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions, bagging two goals and an assist (stats from Transfermarkt).
He made only one Premier League appearance for the Blues this season before joining Milan on loan.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season