Algerian midfielder Lazhar Hadj Aissa is still hopeful of completing a move to Premier League side Portsmouth, having been on trial at the club for the past fortnight.
Labelled as the ‘Algerian Roberto Baggio’, due to his similar hairstyle, Aissa has already appeared for the Blues in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Reading.
Manager Paul Hart was said to be impressed with the 25-year-old’s technical ability, but had concerns over his match fitness.
If Aissa were to join, it would be because he would be available on a free transfer.
The attacking-midfielder is currently trying to settle a contract dispute with club ES Setif.
Some fans are very disappointed in Aissa’s potential departure, so much so an image of an Aissa photo of being burned has appeared on a fans’ website.
Aissa has recently been called up to the Algerian national squad, with many from his homeland stating that he has obvious ability.
Many believe he could replace Niko Kranjcar and become a source of creativity within the team.
If he were to join, he would be welcomed by fellow Algerians Hassan Yebda and Nadir Belhadj.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho