Despite being at the club for less than a fortnight, Jamie O’Hara has already been asked if he would like to stay at the club permanently.
Many expect the talented midfielder to return to Tottenham, his parent club, once his loan finishes on December 31st.
O’Hara however is keeping his options open, while hoping his chance at Portsmouth could soon earn him an England call-up.
Speaking to The Guardian, O’Hara said: “Being at Portsmouth is a learning curve and it’s a chance for me to show everyone what I can do.
“If I enjoy it down here and Tottenham bring in a few players during the January transfer window, maybe there will be an option to stay here.
Coincidentally, O’Hara made his Premier League debut and scored his first Premier League goal against Pompey, on two seperate occasions.
O’Hara will be wearing Glen Johnson’s former number ‘5’ shirt this season – let’s hope that won’t make him any more defensive! Then again, it didn’t make Johno anymore defensive than he should have been…
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho