Hamit Altintop has rallied the troops on his Turkish team-mates to not only beat Switzerland but blow them out of the tournament. Altintop is really cool ahead of the game and said that Turkey can beat Switzerland if they just play their normal game.
“We watched Switzerland’s first match,” he told euro2008.com. “We knew them from 2005 [the FIFA World Cup qualification play-off]. I think they will play with great ambition, because they are the hosts, but if we can play our normal game we will win.”
“I think it will be different in the second game,” added AltÄ±ntop, who missed part of this spring’s campaign with a broken toe. “It is a crucialÂ match for usÂ â€“ you could call it a final. The Czech Republic’s meeting withÂ Portugal is important but if we win, we will have something to play for in the third game.” He is desperate for Turkey’s UEFA EURO 2008â„¢ adventure to continue. “It is a very different environment,” he said. “A big stage. A player can make his and his nation’s name. We all want to represent our country as best as we can.”
The game is much trickier for Turkey than how Altintop is predicting to be but Turkey do have the cutting edge in what is predicted to be a very entertaining match.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco