Over the course of the season it has become apparent that Lille “wonderkid” Eden Hazard wants to move to a ‘bigger’ club… as if being French champions wasn’t enough, huh?
However, Eden and his father Thierry have expressed interests for a legion of different clubs. In mid-September Eden made it abundantly clear that he wanted to play for Madrid, modesty of course being one of his traits… Eventually hopping on the Barcelona bandwagon before subsequently stating that “Arsene Wenger is a legend in France and will help my career in the long run”. While this young talent would be very welcome in the ranks of Arsenal, I and many other supporters have grown irate and jaded by his constant flirting with other clubs, such as our arch-rivals Tottenham. Yes, the winger is a hot commodity and has the right to think he’s the centre of attention and bring in attraction from world renowned clubs nonetheless I feel he’s making a lot of false promises to many people…
But enough about that young talent and more about Athletic Bilbao. When asked as a kid what your dream in life would be you’d probably answer with “to play against Manchester United” however how often does a team with an average age of roughly 22 complete this dream and beat them… twice? Possibly with the exception of the 29 year old Andoni Iraola the team is still incredibly young. All of them of Basque heritage and gelling very nicely together, I vote that the footballing world should agree to a transfer embargo of players leaving the outfit. Maybe two or three years down the line and no players leaving, Athletic Bilbao could become the next Barcelona with the likes of Fernando Llorente, Iker Muniain and Javi Martinez.
So from an Arsenal fan who’s youngsters have been clawed away by Manchester City, I think Hazard should stay at Lille and Athletic Bilbao should be as untouched as a nun.
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- Crystal Palace close to signing Lyon defender Joachim Andersen
- Morning Mix: Carragher’s take on Wijnaldum is brainless, Tottenham turning things around
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho