Robin Van Persie who played his first game against Liverpool (Champions League) after recovering from a thigh injury is still having problems and will be out for at least another week.
Emmanuel Abebayor looks to have a slight ankle injury with Venger not sure if he would last the 90 mins so he started him on the bench in the EPL.
Bacary Sagna has an ankle injury and is out for the 2nd champions league game and probably the Manchester United league game. Venger likely not to rush things since they are almost out of reach of Man U in the EPL title chase.
Tomas Rosicky has a hamstring injury and will miss the 2nd leg of the champions league after already being out for 3 matches.
Eduardo is on the long term injury list and looks to be making a satisfactory recovery which isn’t that convincing because it was a horrific injury. Hopefully one day he can play at 100% again.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview