Atletico Madrid have confirmed that they have signed Rodrigo de Paul from Serie A side Udinese.
The 27-year-old has penned a five-year contract with the Spanish club and is likely to go straight into the first-team ahead of the new campaign.
De Paul started his career by joining the youth academy of Racing Club in 2002.
He earned his debut for the senior side in February 2013 and went on to make 70 appearances across all competitions before landing a move to Valencia in 2014.
He made 44 appearances across all competitions for the La Liga side between 2014 and 2016, bagging two goals and four assists.
He has been on the books of Udinese since 2016 and has been performing consistently well for the Italian outfit, netting 34 goals in 184 appearances.
Atletico enjoyed a highly successful 2020-21 season, beating Barcelona and Real Madrid to the La Liga title.
They will be looking to defend their title this season and need quality players in their squad. De Paul fits that description.
He made six appearances for Argentina in the 2021 Copa America and also provided the assist for Angel di Maria’s goal in the 1-0 victory over Brazil in the final.
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- Crystal Palace close to signing Lyon defender Joachim Andersen
- Morning Mix: Carragher’s take on Wijnaldum is brainless, Tottenham turning things around
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho