Juande Ramos’ right-hand man, Gus Poyet, has stated that the saga regarding Dimitar Berbatov’s future has gone on for too long and it may be affecting Tottenham Hotspurs’ performances. After failing to secure Champions League football for next season, Berbatov seems to be determined to leave the club in the next transfer session.
Manchester United are one of the suitors, with Sir Alex being a long-term admirer of the Bulgarian’s talents. Berbatov was rumoured to be close to signing for Man Utd before he chose to join Tottenham in May 2006, in the hope that he would be the key to achieving Champions League football. Should Dimitar be transfer listed, Ferguson is sure to grab the chance of signing the striker, when it is almost certain that French striker Louis Saha will not form part of the squad of next season.
“It’s gone on for too long. It’s a problem. If he goes we need a replacement. But we’ve had no offers.” – Gus Poyet (Tottenham Assistant Manager)
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan