Portsmouth FC are urging their fans to help clear snow and ice around Fratton Park in order for Saturday’s game against Birmingham to go ahead.
Adults wishing to join in the mission should gather in the main car park, behind the Fratton End on Wednesday morning at 8.30am.
Volunteers are asked to bring their own shovel and spade, or a broom or wheelbarrow if they have them. Walkways, stairs and the pitch edge all need clearing.
Pompey will reward helpers with two free tickets for the Birmingham fixture.
The area surrounding Fratton Park remains covered in ice. The club are liaising with the local council in the hope resources will be made available to counteract this.
The club have announced the fans’ marquee in Anson Road will be closed this Saturday due to the icy conditions.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race