Chelsea are thinking about a loan move for Saul Niguez who is currently on the books of Atletico Madrid, according to the Guardian.
However, Thomas Tuchel’s side could face competition from Manchester United who are also keen to secure his services.
The Spanish side are said to be prepared to let the 26-year-old leave on loan, giving hopes to the two Premier League giants.
The Blues are aiming to win the 2021-22 Premier League title, and have already signed Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan in a deal worth £97.5 million.
They looked impressive in the first two league matches, easing past Crystal Palace and Arsenal to maintain a perfect record so far.
However, Tuchel could demand more depth in central midfield, leading the Pensioners to step up their efforts to land the talented midfielder.
Meanwhile, Manchester United are also looking to mount a serious league title challenge after finishing second in the table last season.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are reportedly keen to bring in Saul to help them achieve their objective this campaign.
The 26-year-old has spent almost all his career at Atletico Madrid, winning two Europa League trophies and a La Liga title.
So far, he has clocked up 339 appearances across all competitions for the Spanish giants, scoring 43 goals and creating 20 assists in the process (stats from Transfermarkt).
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide