Mentioned by Football.co.uk Jose Mourinho seems to be unhappy with Chelsea’s strikers for now, Romelu Lukaku just came back from a season-long loan at West Brom, Demba Ba signed last January and already linked with a move away from London and Fernando Torres wasn’t what everybody expected of him.
Radamel Falcao was the main choice for joining the blues for a long time, but he preferred to go to big-spenders Monaco, Edinson Cavani has already agreed on personal terms but Chelsea wasn’t prepared to pay the 63 euros buy-out clause in his contract leading the negotiations to a dead end, Luis Suarez and Christian Benteke are the latest players to get into Mourinho’s strikers list after David Moyes said that Wayne Rooney isn’t for sale.
The only striker who is set to stay at the Bridge is long-time Chelsea fan Romelu Lukaku, Barcelona and Anzhi Makhachkala have already expressed their interest in Fernando Torres and Demba Ba respectively. But, does Chelsea need a striker at all?
Of course not, Demba Ba came just in January and with fixture congestion since his arrival he didn’t got enough games in the team to prove himself worthy of a Chelsea starting place, Fernando Torres may lack his finishing skills like he had few years ago, but good performances at the Confederations Cup and at the end of season 2011/12 proved that he still got what it takes to be a good striker.
Rumelu Lukaku is the favourite to take the starting place from Fernando Torres/Demba Ba as Jose Mourinho ready to make ‘another Drogba’ in his second stint at the club, so no players are needed to bolster Chelsea’s goalscoring options.
Follow me on twitter @SuperNoma
- Premier League Matchday 23: Top-Four Race Matches to Watch & Predictions
- Premier League Matchday 22 Preview: Best Three Games To Watch
- Ralf Rangnick delivers update on Edinson Cavani’s future at Manchester United
- Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger opens pre-contract talks with big European clubs
- Romelu Lukaku dropped from Chelsea squad in 2-2 draw against Liverpool
- Manchester United in contention with Liverpool for Leeds’ centre-back
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku set for showdown talks with Thomas Tuchel
- Five players who are desperate to move in the 2022 January transfer window
- Fiorentina cannot keep hold of Dusan Vlahovic anymore
- Manchester United striker to request January exit