Icebreaker is an Artrocker magazine feature series inspired by Jägermeister, which breaks the ice for bands to meet legends from outside their day-to-day world.
In Icebreaker III, Ed McRae, from the alternative rock band Your Demise, met Premiership footballing legend turned actor, model, wine maker and pundit, David Ginola, as they trade tales of musical talent and ball skills that would make Cantona himself weep ‘On me head son, but mind the hair’.
During this slick bout of questioning, the big man came out with some pretty sublime quotes:
“Spurs was an inspiration for me. I loved to play in that shirt and the ideas and flare”
“I love [Spurs]. I love the people. I love the stadium. I love the shirt. It would be an honour to go back there as the manager”
“Football takes you to many places, and many places you’d never expect. I had to open the Netaid gig at Wembley with Iman, David Bowie’s and I was shitting myself. It was incredible”
Latest Football Blogs
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: 2021 Europa League Final Preview