Senegalese midfielder Papa Bouba Diop is set to return to action tonight as he lines up in an experienced Pompey reserve side against Fulham.
Diop has been missing from first-team football since he suffered a hamstring injury at Birmingham, only two games into the Premier League season.
The return of Diop may add a much-needed presence to Portsmouth’s midfield, with the 31-year-old well-known for his tough-tackling nature.
Jamie O’Hara, Angelos Basinas, Richard Hughes, Danny Webber and Frederic ‘Freddy’ Piquionne are also set to feature tonight.
Mike Williamson is set to captain the side – with the defender yet to make a single first-team appearance since his £3m from Championship side Watford.
The reserves are in fine form, recently beating West Ham and Birmingham with ‘Freddy’ netting four goals in two appearances.
If only this fine form was replicated in the first team…
Subs: Bopp, Ryan, Walshe, Samba, Suric.
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently