Senegalese midfielder Papa Bouba Diop is set to return to action tonight as he lines up in an experienced Pompey reserve side against Fulham.
Diop has been missing from first-team football since he suffered a hamstring injury at Birmingham, only two games into the Premier League season.
The return of Diop may add a much-needed presence to Portsmouth’s midfield, with the 31-year-old well-known for his tough-tackling nature.
Jamie O’Hara, Angelos Basinas, Richard Hughes, Danny Webber and Frederic ‘Freddy’ Piquionne are also set to feature tonight.
Mike Williamson is set to captain the side – with the defender yet to make a single first-team appearance since his £3m from Championship side Watford.
The reserves are in fine form, recently beating West Ham and Birmingham with ‘Freddy’ netting four goals in two appearances.
If only this fine form was replicated in the first team…
Subs: Bopp, Ryan, Walshe, Samba, Suric.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021