Stewart Downing, who is 27 years old is a traditional wide man, capable of playing on both the left and right flank. In his two year spell with Aston Villa he made 75 appearances and scored eight goals. Charles N’Zogbia is 25 years old and has played principally on the left wing, making 83 appearances for Wigan and scoring fifteen.
Liverpool paid £20 million for Stewart Downing and Aston Villa are going to pay £9.5million for Charles N’Zogbia. It has bugged me for years as to why British players are so expensive compared to foreigners? Now the facts are N’Zogbia is younger, scores more goals and is half price compared to Downing.
It still begs the question why are British players so expensive? Which of these two do you think is going to impress the most at their new clubs?
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season