Stewart Downing, who is 27 years old is a traditional wide man, capable of playing on both the left and right flank. In his two year spell with Aston Villa he made 75 appearances and scored eight goals. Charles N’Zogbia is 25 years old and has played principally on the left wing, making 83 appearances for Wigan and scoring fifteen.
Liverpool paid £20 million for Stewart Downing and Aston Villa are going to pay £9.5million for Charles N’Zogbia. It has bugged me for years as to why British players are so expensive compared to foreigners? Now the facts are N’Zogbia is younger, scores more goals and is half price compared to Downing.
It still begs the question why are British players so expensive? Which of these two do you think is going to impress the most at their new clubs?
- Premier League Matchday 23: Top-Four Race Matches to Watch & Predictions
- Premier League Matchday 22 Preview: Best Three Games To Watch
- Ralf Rangnick delivers update on Edinson Cavani’s future at Manchester United
- Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger opens pre-contract talks with big European clubs
- Romelu Lukaku dropped from Chelsea squad in 2-2 draw against Liverpool
- Manchester United in contention with Liverpool for Leeds’ centre-back
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku set for showdown talks with Thomas Tuchel
- Five players who are desperate to move in the 2022 January transfer window
- Fiorentina cannot keep hold of Dusan Vlahovic anymore
- Manchester United striker to request January exit