Holland and Denmark will kick start Group E into action on Monday night, as both teams will be looking for a three point start to this summer’s 2010 Fifa World Cup. Bert Van Marwijk’s Holland side were a dominate force in qualifying and so were opponents Denmark. Morten Olsen’s side topped Group A with a successful 21 points; on paper this match could well be close.
Holland – The Flying Dutchman are one of the favourites to claim the prestigious World Cup trophy. With Bert Van Marwijk in charge a place in the final could well be possible, the 58 year old has impressed as the coach of Holland with many European Club sides targeting his services. On the other hand the former two times finalists were paired with a number of top class countries, including Denmark, Cameroon and Japan. In the attacking department the Netherlands are very strong; the likes of Sneijder and Van Der Vaart will surge forward from midfield, while Eljero Elia, Ryan Babel and Arjen Robben will cut in from the wings. Holland are the favourites for this match, however in my view Denmark are an impressive European outfit.
Denmark – With Holland likely to top Group E it could well possibly be a three horse race for 2nd place, in my opinion Denmark have got an almighty chance to progress into the last 16, while Cameroon could also qualify for the knockout stages with Japan there or thereabouts. Denmark impressed in qualifying but this group could be very tight, currently ranked 36th in the Fifa World rankings the Danish were able to reach the quarter finals of the 1998 World Cup the furthest they have ever been on the big stage. Meanwhile in the current squad coach Morten Olsen has picked a very resilient 23, Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner could play a huge roll, while the wide men in Dennis Rommedahal and Daniel Jensen will cause the Dutch defence problems. Denmark could well snatch a draw tomorrow night, but in my view Holland will see the game through.
GavH Match Prediction – Holland 3-1 Denmark
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4