Portugal defender Fernando Meira turned 30 on Thursday, but will have to wait until Saturday if he wants to receive his best present, a win for Portugal in their Group A opener against Turkey.
Meira, the VfB Stuttgart defender, still feels young despite being one of the older members of a young Portugal team. “I still feel young”.
“And I still have a lot to offer to football. I hope to continue helping our national team become a giant in Europe, which is what I want most. At the moment, victory against Turkey would be the best present.”
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified