Whoever thought that this was just a friendly,Will be eating his words,Tempers even flared before the first kick.
When the traditional National anthem “God save the Queen” was sung,It was met by thousands of jeers from the home crowd,An act in which surely boiled the tempers of the Northern Ireland faithful.
The Scots never really troubled Northern Ireland keeper Maik Taylor in the first-half, There best chance was arguably Kenny Millers when he was put in by James Mcfadden.Only for him to dwell on it to much and eventually have it taken off him by Sammy Clingan,Before he could pull the trigger.
The vistiors were also limited in front of goal,David Healys best effort curling just over the bar, After a pretty woeful first-half
The second-half was slightly better in terms of action,Northern Irelands rookie and debutant Ryan McGivern was sent off on the 56th minute mark after a second bookable offence.
Three minutes later there was even more controversy when Scottish keeper Allan McGregor fouled Warren Feeney in the area.McGregor made amends however as the spot-kick which was taken by David Healy was saved by the man who caused it.
Mcfadden almost snatched the win just before the end when Celtics Barry Robson corner was met by one of many debutants Darren Barr who nodded on to Mcfadden,Only to have his fierce shot blocked by Fierceless keeper Taylor.
The game ended deservedly 0-0,Speaking after the game Northern Irelands manager Nigel Worthington was happy with the draw,But his counter part George Burley wasn’t,But still thinks that his team are ready for the world cup qualifiers.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4