The 2-1 win over Iceland was an important one for Scotland boss George Burley ,Not only did it give the Tartan Army the first three points of the World cup campaign,It also took the weight off Burley after the fans were starting to question his ability.
After the defeat to Macedonia in which was by no means a disgrace,Butit was the manner in which they were beaten proved dissapointing for Scottish fans.
A first-half effort from Birminghams James Mcfadden,Followed by debutant Kirk Broadfoot’s second half striker proved crucial as Scotland recorded there first points of the campaign.
Come Scotlands next match, At home to Norway on October 11th, it will be intresting to see whether Scotland have the ability to become a force in Group 9 again and maybe, Just maybe this time end 10 years of hurt, for Scotland and qualify for the World cup in South Africa.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4