In an statement on the official Hearts website today, it was announced the caretaker manager Stephen Frail has left the club mutual consent.
Frail was appointed caretaker manager at the beginning of the year but failed to really improve both the team’s performance and the league position.
Frail arrived at Hearts from Dundee in 1994 for £130,000 and went on to make 66 first team appearances as a right-back. He then had spells with Tranmere and St.Johnstone before becoming and player, then assistant manager at Morton.
He left in 2004 and when Craig Levein offered him the job as coach of the Hearts under-19s side.
Frail went on to take over as joint first-team manager with Bulgarian Anatoly Korobochka, before taking sole charge at the beginning of this year.
The end of the statement again mentioned that a new manager shall be appointed “shortly”.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak