Kevin Blackwell has continued his summer transfer activity by sanctioning the departure of Luton Shelton to Norwegian side Valerenga.
The speedy Jamaican has moved for an initial Â£1million fee, which could increase if his spell in Norway is successful.
“Luton wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, he was a bit of a maverick,” Blackwell told sufc.co.uk. “This opportunity arose for him to play regularly, and is just what he needs at this stage of his career.”
Shelton scored four times for United after his Â£1.85m move from Helsingborgs.
Meanwhile, Blackwell is expected to step up his efforts to bring David Cotterill to Bramall Lane.
The Welshman spent a highly successful on loan at Bramall Lane last season, and has expressed a desire to return. The major stumbling block appears to be the price – Wigan Athletic want to recoup the Â£2m they paid to BristolÂ City, but United are understood to only have offered half of The Latics’ valuation of the winger.
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…