World Cup stalwarts Germany have been handed a tricky 1st round which they will have to overcome if they are to go deep into the tournament as they so often do. The Germans qualified with few worries but lack the depth of talent that they have had in prior tournaments. Nevertheless, the strength of their mentality almost makes up for this and quite often ensures that they are competing in the latter stages. They will be expected to qualify even though Australia, Ghana and Serbia are all capable of springing an upset.
Should they qualify top of the group, they are likely to face the USA in the second round. The Americans showed during the Confederations Cup that they are not to be underestimated. However, the Germans with all their World Cup pedigree would be expected to advance. The quarter finals could possibly see a clash against Argentina whilst a semi final match against Spain may occur if they dare to look that far ahead.
The majority of the German internationals are based in the Bundesliga allowing for a tight knit atmosphere when they come together as a nation. The depth of talent is not quite as vast as in previous years yet there is still significant talent that is capable of strongly contesting a major tournament. Below are the near certainties to make the 23 man Germany Squad in June.
Despite receiving a tricky looking group, few would bet against Germany from progressing to the knock out stages once again. The nation has also been given a fairly favourable prospective knock out draw with struggling Argentina as the possible last eight opponents. Germany have a reputation for going deep into tournaments despite not necessarily always being blessed with riches of talent. With the right mindset, who’s to bet against Germany reaching the Semi finals.
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…