Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss will arrive in Glasgow today to have a medical ahead of a proposed season-long loan deal with Rangers.
Weiss could be a Ranger today
The 20-year-old has found himself surplus to requirements amongst the host of stars arriving in Manchester and Roberto Mancini wants Weiss to have Champions League experience while on loan. Both Rangers and Celtic were keen on the Slovakian international who has made 12 appearances for the national side. Weiss spent the second-half of last season on loan at Bolton making 13 appearances, but will be hoping to make a strong impact at Ibrox.
It also appears Rangers will not offer any deals to the four tralists who played against Partick Thistle in midweek. Nacer Barazite, Georgie Welcome, Etienne Esajas and Salim Kerker all played at Murray Park in the behind closed-doors match with Welcome netting a hat-trick and Barazite grabbing one aswell in a 5-0 win.
Whether the transfer of Nikica Jelavic to Rangers is on or off, nobody seems to know. Jelavic could feature for Rapid Vienna against Aston Villa this evening.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco