Rangers remain still alive in the UEFA Champions League after a 1-1 draw in Bucharest against Unirea Urziceni. A goal 3 minutes from time for Dan Petrescu’s shock side, who now sit in 2nd, killed Rangers’ lead and shared the spoils between the two clubs. In the other group match, a late Zdravko Kuzmanovic strike cancelled out Jesus Navas’ opener to share a 1-1 draw between Sevilla and Stuttgart.
The Scottish Champions handed a debut to 17 year old Danny Wilson, who in my view, was man of the match – an absolutley outstanding performance. The first-half was pretty dry, not much for either goalkeeper early on but Allan McGregor made some excellent saves late in the first-half to keep it at 0-0. At half-time, the game was marred by some crowd violence between Rangers supporters and Romanian stewards – Actions I completley condemn from 11 or 12 people who have again destroyed the reputation of the great supporters who do nothing wrong at all. At the end of the day, we’ll wait and see when UEFA investigate more what actually happened, one things for sure, 2 or 3 turnstiles for 2000 fans – a disgrace.
Back to the football and the Rangers goal came after 79 minutes when midfielder Lee McCulloch shrugged off a challenge before rifling into the ground a powerful drive which left the young Lithuanian distraught as it fired into the net. Rangers thought their revenge was coming but the Romanians equalised with 3 minutes left after an absolute wonderstrike – why do players always score the goal of their careers against us ?
Disappointing – but hey, what can you do when your players can’t pass a ball 5 yards?
A negative Manager, totally inept players put to shame by a teenager. Its going to take a miracle.
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…