Gillingham extended their unbeaten run to 8 games away at Aldershot where both teams played out a 1-1 draw. The Gills boss will be lamenting yet another draw which sees his side hanging on to a play-off place with sides below them having several games in hand.
Both sides are likely to be left dissapointed leaving the game with merely a point as it could so easily have been a victory for either side. The Gills got off to a slow start which saw several opportunities for the Aldershot attack to capitalise, and if it wasn’t for the solid back four of Gillingham it could have been 1-0 to the home side early on. The Gills replied strongly in the second half and had several chances from Cody Macdonald and Jack Payne to name just a few. Finding the clinical touch has undoubtedly been a problem for the Gills in recent weeks and they were temporarily left to rue their missed chances when Hylton found space in the Gillingham area and slotted the ball home to make it 1-0 to the home side. The never say die attitude has been commendable within the Gillingham side this year and it proved advantageous once again as John Nutter soon replied with a stunning free kick on 82 minutes. Gillingham could have stole all three points at the end if it were not for the inside of the post which denied Cody McDonald his 18th league goal of the season. The Gills were left to settle for another point and in the grander scheme of things these draws could prove crucial or conversely damaging to their promotion chances come the end of the season.
What did you think of the Gills draw away at Aldershot?
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend