Manchester City could be ready to move for Bayern Munich defender David Alaba.
City boss Pep Guardiola is desperate to strengthen his squad to rebuild and launch a better title challenge next season and he has identified left back as one of the key areas to improve and Alaba’s current contract stand-off with the German champions has alerted City to Alaba’s availability.
Alaba, 28, is up there with some of the best full backs in Europe but has only got one year left on his current deal at Bayern and the German champions have warned they may have to cash in if he is reluctant to sign a new deal.
Alaba worked under Guardiola during his time as Bayern boss.
City are also tracking Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake – should they go down to the Championship.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide