Jermaine Jenas, Jonathan Woodgate and David Bentley all came off the bench to play in the second half of England’s friendly clash with the Czech Republic. All 3 made a good impression, with David Bentley swinging in a late corner to provide Joe Cole with a 90th minute equaliser. Cole’s goal made the game level, finishing England-2 Czech Republic-2.
New England boss Fabio Capello recieved a lot of criticism this morning, following the rather lacklustre England performance. The world cup qualifier’s are rapidly approaching and many will hope to see an improved performance.
Wantaway striker Dimitar Berbatov scored both goals as Bulgaria beat Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1, whilst Luka Modric played well in Croatia’s 3-2 victory over Slovenia.
New signing Giovani Dos Santos performed well in Mexico’s 2-1 win against Honduras as Sven-Goran-Eriksson’s side kicked of their world cup qualifier’s. Didier Zokora also enjoyed an international victory, his Ivory Coast team dispatched Guinea 2-1.
Only two Tottenham players lost their international matches last night-and both played for the same side. Welsh U21 stars Gareth Bale and Chris Gunter were on the losing team as the Welsh youngsters went down 1-0 to the Romanian U21 team.
Fortunately for Tottenham, no players reported back injured.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4