Holland Coach Marco Van Basten said that he is aware of the threat World Champions Italy hold and he thinks that they can give his side some troubles in the opening match of the group of death. He remarked that both Italy and France have a better formidable squad than during the World Cup and this could lead to more troubles for the Dutch squad if they are able to pose some threat in order to qualify for the further rounds of the European Championship.
“I think that both Italy and France are much stronger than they were during World Cup 2006,” said Van Basten.
“Their teams are based around youth and experience and this is a massive advantage.”
“France have impressed me as they a more physical but Italy are not like they used to be when they used to defend.”
“Now, the Azzurri play more attacking football and they are more open to going forward rather than just staying at the back.” Â
- Harry Kane refusing to train as he forces move away from Tottenham
- The Five Best Football Transfer Windows
- Barcelona make enquiry about Italian midfielder Manuel Locatelli
- Morning Mix: Liverpool risk being left behind, £100m for Grealish is a great deal for Villa
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham