Current World Cup champions Italy have revealed their new away shirt that they will wear in the defence of their title at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The Italians had a relatively comfortable path to qualifying for South Africa as the Republic of Ireland and Bulgaria were their main opposition. Bulgaria never provided a threat after numerous early draws whilst Ireland were prevented a win over the Azzurri by a last minute goal that sealed Italy’s qualification. The team are the defending World Cup champions after beating France in the 2006 final on penalties after a 1-1 draw after extra time. The team will match Brazil’s record of five World Cup triumphs if they are successful in 2010 as they are currently one behind on four.
The Italy 2010 World Cup away shirt is predominately white with dark blue patches around the sleeve trim, gold patches by the underarm and a white polo neck collar which is red, green and white underneath to represent the Italian flag. Manufacturers Kappa place their light blue logo in the top right of the shirt and on both sleeves. The national badge is positioned in the top left with four stars representing their World Cup triumphs placed inside.
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified