The only goal of the match between Poland and Croatia was scored by Werder’s striker Ivan KlasniÄ‡ in 53rd minute.
Poland – Croatia 0:1 (0:0)
Croatian B team, if I can like that the team which overplayed Poland on Monday in Klagenfurt, wrote the history. For the first time Croatian national team finished the group stage with the maximum amount of points, and the decisive goal was scored in the 53rd minute by Ivan KlasniÄ‡, who is the first player in the history of Euro who played after the kidney transplantation.
And without hyperbole, BiliÄ‡’s players could lead with three or four goals by the end of the first half, Croatia really was that much superior, so the whole show looked like it would be sensible asking ourselves – which of these two teams actually needed points?
Especially was shining the 20-years-old Ivan RakitiÄ‡, one of the world’s best young players, who was the initiator of almost all our actions, with which he informed BiliÄ‡ once again what kind of jewel he posses.
Schalke’s midfielder was in the 20th minute targeting the head of Hrvoje VejiÄ‡, and than, 12 minutes later he put KlasniÄ‡ in a great scoring opportunity. Unfortunately, VejiÄ‡’s shot went near the post, while KlasniÄ‡ was outsmart by the great Polish goalkeeper Artur Boruc, who also met Werder’s striker in one-on-one situation in 45th minute. Polish goalkeeper came out as a winner, but there was no more savior in 53rd minute. The action was started by Ivan RakitiÄ‡, who passed on the left to Danijel PranjiÄ‡. Heerenveen’s midfielder made a great returning pass in the penalty box, where was KlasniÄ‡, who indefensibly hit the right side of goal for the final result.
That’s when the Polish started waking-up, they even had few chances by the end of the match, the best one was saved by Vedran Runje when in the 87th minute Zahorski ran in front of him.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco