Club team-mates Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose have made a bet against each other on who scores the most goals during the tournament. Both have failed in front of goal both Klose hit his first goal against Portugal in the quarter-final putting him a goal ahead of Toni who has had some problems in finding the back of the net. With so much at stake for the Azzurri and with this personal bet with Klose, Toni will be more than ready to equalise Klose’s goal and try to go ahead of him.
“I scored my goal so now it’s up to Luca to equalise,” Klose said. “I texted him and he messaged back saying he’s having a few problems with his best friend, the ball. He said at the moment it’s doing what it wants, not what he wants.”
Italy face Spain tomorrow in the last quarter-final of the tournament and the winner of that match will face either Russia or Holland which is being currently played.
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race
- Europa League Semi-Finals Recap: Fernandes steps up in a big game, Emery returns to haunt Arsenal