Inter Milan chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has revealed that Lautaro Martinez turned down lucrative offers to stay at the San Siro.
Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid were credited with an interest in the 23-year-old who has been on Inter’s books since 2018.
As per Goal.com, Spurs reached an agreement with the Italian outfit for a £60 million transfer fee, but the striker ended up staying in Milan.
Marotta told DAZN: “Lautaro is a player who explicitly asked to stay at Inter, despite receiving other lucrative offers.
“We are proud of that, he wants to prove himself a champion here, and we are very happy that he can continue his growth process at this club.”
The Argentina international’s current deal with the Serie A club expires in two years.
Inter lost Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea this summer in a deal worth £97.5 million.
The Belgian was a standout performer last season as Inter clinched the Serie A title.
It would have been a blow for the Italian club if they had also lost Martinez, but he has decided to stay.
The Argentine started his senior career at Racing Club before joining Inter in 2018.
Since arriving at the San Siro, he has made 132 appearances across all competitions, bagging 49 goals and 20 assists.
- FA Cup preview: Chelsea vs Leeds United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- FA Cup preview: Liverpool vs Southampton – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- FA Cup fifth round: Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool favourites to qualify for the q…
- 2024 League Cup Final Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Champions League last-16 predictions: Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich favourites to w…
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Roma vs Inter Milan – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups