Rangers will take on Manchester United in the Champions League Group Stages after being drawn alongside the English giants in today’s draw in Monaco.
Both sides met in 2003/2004 when Phil Neville scored the winning goal at Ibrox and United notched up a 3-0 victory at Old Trafford.
Rangers and Valencia will also lock horns in the Group Stages. These sides have already met in the competition back in 1999/2000 when the Gers went down to a 2-0 defeat in Spain and lost 2-1 at Ibrox with Craig Moore scoring Rangers’ consolation goal.
The Gers will also face a tough trip to Turkey to take on Bursaspor. The Turkish side won the league last season on the final day seeing of Besiktas in a 2-1 victory. Star players include Sercan, Yattara and Volkan Sen. This season they have already defeated Galatasaray so it will not be an easy task for Rangers.
Fixture dates to be announced later.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco