During Newcastle’s last game, Michael Owen scored. This has not been a common occurrence as of late, with Michael finally doing what he’s supposed to do – score goals. Its not his fault that he hasn’t really been living up to the expectations that we have all set upon him as he has been injured often since he came to Newcastle. But, if you look at his stats when he’s been healthy, you would see that they are pretty good.
It takes a good two years or so to recover from a knee injury like the one that he had and only now has it been close to two years. so, for all those who said that Michael Owen will never be the player he once was, I’m sorry to say but your wrong. By next season, you’ll see the Michael Owen of the past, scoring goals like there is no tomorrow and carving up opposing team’s defences. you can even see this now. His predatory instincts are returning and he’s scoring goals again. This is especially good news for him because once again, it shows that he’s back, mentally and physically. Its also good for Newcastle United, as they fight to avoid relegation.
Also, his leadership on and off the field has been impeccable and he has shown that Kevin Keegan didn’t make a mistake when he gave him the captain’s armband. Apparently I’m not the only one who thinks this way. After Newcastle’s 2-0 win over Fulham, Keegan had some special praise for Owen, saying “I think the players now realise what it takes to get out of the bottom and they have been led by Michael Owen who has been absolutely superb not just for his goals, but also his leadership on the field.”, “He has worked, foraged, played in a couple of different positions against different teams, but he has never questioned anything – he is a great team player.”
Also, Michael has been included in the England squad for their upcoming game. He is the only Newcastle player that Fabio Capello has chosen for this friendly against France
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season