It all seems promising for the Albion at the start of 2013 with a comfrotable 3-0 victory over Ipswich Town at Portman Road.
Following a woeful December – losing to Palace 3-0 and gaining only 2 points – Gus Poyet’s men will want to push on with this winning momentum with a competitive edge with Newcastle United, in the FA Cup.
Pardew will be no stanger to this game either.
Since Poyet has been at the helm, he beat Pardew’s Southampton in their own back garden, in the Uruguayan’s first ever match as a manager.
He then repeated this feat, this time in our back garden, with a 1-0 win at the AMEX against Newcastle last season, thanks to a heavily deflected Will Buckley strike, following a wonderful solo run.
And it’s all positives in the Albion camp: an awful December behind us; winning start to 2013 and Buckley signing a long-term contract.
The Albion favourite was linked to Premier League clubs Southampton and Norwich City (who might as well just move to the AMEX at this rate).
For the Geordies it seems a little bit on the downside: top-scorer sold due to cheap release clause; new signings struggle to sign time; Cisse doubtful.
It looks as if the Magpies are struggling to get a working attacking force in time for the AMEX, but Albion know they will not go down, without a fight!
Newcastle have been prolific at goal but also have lacked a solid defence with the Geordies conceding a total of 19 goals since December and it looks to be the same back four with new signing, Debuchy being unavailable.
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach
- Atalanta 2-3 AC Milan: La Dea’s comeback attempt is too late as the Rossoneri impress in Bergamo
- Lille continue resurgence with victory over Marseille
- Morning Mix: United need Conte’s tactical nous, Chilwell gives Chelsea boss a headache
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups