Gnegneri Yaya TourÃ© Â is an Ivorian midfielder born on May 13,1983 in Bouake.
In 2005,TourÃ© moved to Olympiakos. Ahead of the 2005/2006 Premiership season he spent a period during pre-season on trial at Arsenal, but failed to seal a permanent move. He was also selected by Eurosport in 2005 as one of the most promising young players worldwide (Javier Mascherano and Sergio AgÃ¼ero were included in the list as well). It has since emerged that Arsenal made a â‚¬7 million bid in January 2006 which was rejected as Olympiacos wanted to wait to the summer to consider selling.
Yaya TourÃ© in Monaco
As a result of his refusal to return to Greece for the team’s pre-season training,Olympiakos decided to accept a mere â‚¬4.5 million from French Ligue 1 side A.S. Monaco. TourÃ© accused Olympiacos of not paying his due salaries, while Olympiacos accused him of lying in order to get transferred.On August 15, 2006 TourÃ© completed his move to Monaco,where he played in 27 of the team’s 34 league games,scoring 5 goals.
TourÃ© is a regular in the Ivory Coast side with 21 caps and 3 goals.He represented his country in their first ever appearance in the World Cup Finals (2006 in Germany) and also in the African Cup of Nations.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho