Albert Jorquera FortiÃ is a Spanish goalkeeper born on March 3, 1979 in BescanÃ³.
Jorquera joined the youth ranks of BarÃ§a on 2nd November 1994 from VilobÃ CF. In 1998, he went to Barcelona C, and was promoted to the FC Barcelona B team the following season. He spent the 2000/01 and 2001/02 seasons on loan to second division B clubs AD Ceuta, and CE MatarÃ³. He then returned to Barca B, also in second division B, as first choice keeper for the 2002/03 season.
He made the leap to the first team in the 2003/04 season as third choice goalkeeper, making a spectacular first team debut against Athletic Club Bilbao in the Nou Camp on Â January 17,2004.
He has always performed well when called upon and has never complained about spending so much time on the bench.
On December 29th, 2007, playing an unofficial match for the Catalonia national football team, Jorquera suffered an ACL injury to his right knee and he is still recovering.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho