The Olyroos were really up against it after a poor start to their Olympic campaign scrapping out a 1-1 draw with Serbia.
Argentina came out firing creating many chances through the magic of Messi and others getting 9 shots on target in the first half but failing to find the net.
The pattern of defence and only defence continued from the Serbia game with the Olyroos under pressure just booting the ball as far as they could up the field hoping for a major ounce of luck. Argentina were suprisingly not in front at half time which was about the only positive -the Olyroos could possibly muster a clean sheet.
The 2nd half began with Argentina looking for a goal shots came in thick and fast but still they could not find the net.
Australia continued the defensive pattern with the clean sheet only going to last a matter of time Argentina pounced in about the 75th minute after some poor defensive work it was a nice finish though.
Argentina completely controlled the match after this keeping the ball for most of the 20 minutes remaining with Australia getting some half chances hear and there.
The final score 1-0 Olyroos totally outclassed with Messi missing plenty of chances.
Once again the coverage was more than poor someone please do us a favour and get rid of Channel 7 hosting the football.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona