In three competitive football matches, Romania have never managed to beat France, but they are looking to change that in today’s first Pool C game in the Group of Death at Euro 2008. In the last ten meetings of the side, Romania have won three, with one draw and the French winning the other six.
The only other European Championships finals match between the two was in England in 1966, when a Christophe Dugarry goal was enough for France to win 1-0.
The Romanian team for today’s game is:
Bogdan Lonut Lobont (GK)
Cosmin Marius Contra
Mirel Matei Radoi
Cristian Chivu (C)
Romania look set to line up in a 4-3-3 formation for kick-off
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview