European nation Portugal has revealed the designs of the new home and away shirts that they will be wearing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The team had a rocky qualification campaign which only saw them narrowly qualify for the tournament in June. After being 4th for most of the campaign, Portugal made a late burst that saw them overtake Sweden and Hungary to grab 2nd place. They were then pitted against Bosnia and Herzegovina in a two legged Play Off which they won comfortably. At the World Cup draw, they were placed in what was dubbed the “group of death” after being drawn against Brazil, Ivory Coast and North Korea.
The new Portugal home shirt design is predominately red with small green patches on both sleeves. The main detail on the body is the large green stripe that runs across the chest. Inside the stripe are numerous small red dots and a black outline of the national badge which lies in the top left.
The new Portugal away shirt design is predominately white with small green patches on both sleeves. The main detail on the body is a large vertical green and red stripe that run side by side down the middle of the shirt. A black outline of the national badge is situated in the top left of the shirt.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race